Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Jameson Dublin Film Festival is approaching faster than a speeding bullet...

…And I can’t wait! I was lucky enough to win a season ticket for this year’s festival by correctly guessing the Surprise Film last year (The Escapist). Went along last night to pick it up and ended up getting an advance copy of the programme and booking tickets for 25 films. I have that week off work and this seemed like a great way to spend it. Reckon the people in the box office think I’m completely mad, however – said none of them could stand to see so many films in a week!

Anyway, the films I’m dying to see are Doubt, The Burning Plain, The Class and Il Divo (thankfully not about the cheesy all-male opera group). And the Surprise Film again, of course! I'm really looking forward to the festival in general and I highly recommend that you check it out.

The festival also has a screenwriting award this year, which sounds really exciting – it has a judging panel made up of the likes of Irvine Welsh, John Hurt and Lenny Abrahamson and the prize is €7,500. I have two scripts entered (two of my Irish-based ones) so am on tenterhooks to see if they get anywhere….

No comments: