Thursday, March 19, 2009

Can you write a film in 21 days?

Well I'm giving it a seriously good bash. If you've never heard of Viki King's legendary book on this very subject, check it out. It may have been written over 20 years ago but it's still a brilliant guide to effective speed script writing.

Essentially the idea is that you write like a mother for 7 days and get your entire script down on paper. Then you spend the rest of the time tweaking and doing re-writes and voila, you have a completed script in less than a month. I'm writing a Christmas movie called All I Want for Christmas and am currently on page 20 (I'm on Day Two).

I will report back on how the rest of the writing goes and whether it's possible to come up with a script that isn't rubbish in such a short time....

No comments: