Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Raimi is back with a vengeance, plus a rant on cinema etiquette....

I love Sam Raimi's films but it's been a while since he did an out and out horror flick (17 long years since Army of Darkness - I'm not counting The Gift cos it was useless).

So I was really excited to see the trailer for his latest film Drag Me to Hell. See the trailer at www.traileraddict.com/trailer/drag-me-to-hell/trailer

It looks freaky and that bit with the old lady in the bed made me jump - can't WAIT to see the whole thing.

On a totally unrelated note, people often seem to carry out surveys on things like "Ireland's preferred celebrity to have as your cinema date" and someone like George Clooney usually wins. Well, my fantasy cinema companion would be some huge, incredibly threatening-looking martial arts expert. Why? I'm fed up with twats at the movies yakking on and kicking the back of my seat! I want a guy so scary that if he stands up and tells someone to shut up, they will. Or who can carry out a Vulcan neck pinch and render them speechless. If anyone out there fits that description and likes films, get in touch. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship. Or a court case.

Rant over, I'm off to read Viki King's classic book on writing a movie in 21 days....

No comments: