Saturday, February 28, 2009

Retail Therapy? Sounds good....



I’m still trying to finish this family Halloween family I’m writing which seems to be cursed. First of all my PC broke down completely and had to be rebuilt so I’m only getting it back this evening after a week and a half. Then it turns out that the back-up I did failed to save the most up to date copy so I’ve lost about 15 pages! And my website content seems to have gone! Grrrrr.

After all this hassle and after a week of fairly worthy festival movies, Confessions of a Shopaholic and a bag of chocolate pretzels seemed like the best plan. And I must admit that it was a lot better than I thought it’d be. Isla Fisher is funny as the hopeless spender Becky and there’s a great supporting cast (Joan Cusack and John Goodman as her parents, John Lithgow as her uber-boss). I did think Hugh Dancy was a bit weak as her love interest and as my merciless companion pointed out, he had crap hair (her thoughts, not mine). But overall, a great switch off your brain flick – and just think, your credit card debt will NEVER be as bad as Becky’s…..

No comments: