Friday, October 30, 2009

Back from the Lone Star State...

Well, back from Austin after an action-packed and seriously enjoyable five days. I’ve written a diary piece for the Irish Film and Television Network website which will hopefully go live in the near future and gives a description of what went down at the festival.

In the meantime, I’d like to give a shout-out to some of the great people I met: Jules, Daryl, Karen, Julie, Denise, Josh, Randy, Nikki, James, Richard, Yolanda, Aaron, Lauren, Len, Jana, Sebastien, Cynthia, John, Marlon, Michael Murphy (who looks like J.T. Walsh!), Brett, Steven, William, T.S., Emily, Ludek, Hans-Martin, Holly, Frank, Ramesh and Ruthie. Thanks to Sarah Sharp for driving me up to the lake and showing me areas of Austin I thought I wouldn’t see (driving in America phobia).

To Kirsten Smith for showing the rest of the girls how it’s done and to Mssrs. Black, Kasdan, Rossio and Petrie for being legends, full stop.

Also thanks so much to Alex McPhail and Barbara Morgan and everyone else at AFF.

See you next year!

1 comment:

Frank Reynolds said...

I love the term "full stop." You never hear it in America. :-)