Monday, November 2, 2009

From Austin to Bristol...

I’m going on another film-related trip! This time to the U.K. this time for a script workshop. I’ve won a place at the London Film Academy’s Script 2 Screen workshop as part of Bristol’s Encounters Shorts Festival. This is the competition http://www.londonfilmacademy.com/events/event_article.asp?EventID=180&type= You had to submit a 2 page script with a male and female character – so I wrote one called Older Woman about a nerdy teenage boy and his love for his best friend’s hot mom...

Anyway, the best things will be working with actors, which I have little experience with, as well as having a chance to meet some U.K.-based film folk. Roll on 20 November!

2 comments:

Brett said...

"Austin to Bristol"?

Not sure that's even a lateral move at best, but still, congrats.

Eilis Mernagh said...

I'm not even sure if it's a move up or down but hey, it's a move...