Friday, November 27, 2009

Things I learned at the Zebbie Awards....

Went to the Zebbies Awards last night and killed off a few thousand more brain cells. When you take into account the number of nights out I had during my twenties, I’m probably about half as smart now as I was in college :)

Anyway, here’s what I learned during the evening (which was a great night out so thanks to the IPSG):

  • It is possibly to limp across Leeson Street in 10 seconds in very high heels when there are cars heading for you.
  • Screenwriters events have free pizza but no free drinks.
  • Just because a film is very old does not mean that it’s very good.
  • James Joyce’s Volta cinema was bankrupted by “Italian electricians”. No, I have no idea either.
  • David Norris once got to ask Brendan Behan a question at the launch of The Hostage.
  • David Norris is very loud.
  • Film people really like to wear black.
  • Cinematographers are big fans of radio plays….
  • Film people are conscientious types who like to go home early and get lots of sleep. By midnight the only people left were me, the rest of the screenwriting group I’m in and a few other pissed writers.
  • 4 Dame Lane bouncers don’t like men who kick bottles.
  • Or groups of men.
  • It’s possible to have a non-disastrous night in RiRa but only if you stay upstairs. Under no circumstances go downstairs.
  • It’s possible to have 8-10 drinks and no hangover (although you will end up with the reaction ability of an 80-year-old).

    Next year I want to see my name or one of my friends' names on the nominations list. Get writing, people!

No comments: