Friday, January 1, 2010

Making it happen in 2010

2009 and the party season is grinding to a halt and I'm itching to get going on 2010. Bring it on!

The ugly spectre of New Year's Resolutions is looming on the horizon so I'm going to get them out of the way now. And in writing these down, I'm putting them out there - so I have to fulfill them!

1. Spend as much time as possible with my friends and family.
2. Write four feature scripts! 
3. Write at least two shorts.
4. Produce a short.
5. Write as many query letters as I can afford to post.
6. Get fit.
7. Learn to salsa dance. This may relate to number 6.
8. Start exploring alternative income generators.
9. Have as much fun as I can, as often as I can.

If you're making resolutions, you could do worse than check out this guy. I read Tim Ferriss' book over a year ago and I've put some of his ideas into operation, thus achieving a lot more in a lot less time. One of his best tips is to concentrate only on the important tasks and then set yourself aggressive deadlines to complete them. It works! If you give yourself an hour to finish something, you'll do it. If you give yourself three hours, it will take three hours....

Happy 2010 and I hope all your dreams come true!



No comments: