Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 dawns, and things are looking up!

So far, 2012 has been a big improvement on the last few months of 2011. On Wednesday, I got a new job, starting next week! This was despite the fact that the interview was in Belfast, it was windy and pouring rain, and I had the head cold from hell. I coughed so much during the interview that I had to leave twice to get a glass of water.

But it didn't matter - I got the job and I'm back on track. It's a sign! Roland Emmerich was wrong - Armageddon is not on on the horizon. In fact, it's going to be a great year.

In addition, the arrangements to bring Tiger to the screen are coming along well. The two lead actors have been cast, we have a possible location for the shoot, plus a small but experienced crew has been assembled. I'm co-producing the film, mainly out of necessity! (When you can't get a producer, produce it yourself).

We now just need to cast the other two roles (young teenagers) and fundraise the money needed to make the film.

To that end, there are two events lined up - a fundraising quiz at the Teachers Club on Parnell Square on 25th January and a networking party at Four Dame Lane on 2nd February. I've held quizzes before and successfully raised a lot of money with them, but this is my first time being involved with a networking party. The director has done a couple in the past, however - they're a good option because they get movie people together AND raise funds without a huge amount of effort.

I'll report back on how the two events go and how much we raise - fingers crossed we can get close to three grand together as this will completely fund the shoot, allow us to pay everyone and cover post-production.

I'm really looking forward to the adventure of making this little movie - and for what the rest of 2012 will bring....

No comments: