Monday, April 9, 2012

California dreamin'

California - or L.A. to be exact - has been on my mind even while I've been getting up each morning and going to my nine to five. I'm narrowing down my desired places to live in L.A., we've had some offers on the house in Dublin (although no serious ones yet) and I've been saving. Now I need to formulate a plan for what I'm going to do when I get there - more on this next post.

I'm still aiming to head Statewards this summer, it's only a question of which summer month...

Meanwhile, I've been taking part in Script Frenzy and so far I've completed 31 pages of script, at least some of which are hopefully usable. Actually I'm pretty happy with the pages so far, leading me to believe that there's something in this brain vomit stuff.

If you force yourself to write and not think, you end up coming up with solutions and ploughing past roadblocks. Also, I've really enjoyed just writing. We spend so much time as writers thinking things out and planning that actually sitting down and spilling onto the page is a real pleasure. As with all things like this - exercise, starting a new job and going on holiday - it's great once you get started.

So my motto going forward is twofold. First, write every single day, even if it's only three pages. And don't think, write.

No comments: